Whistler CR93 Bilingual Laser Radar Detector with Blue OLED Text Display, Black
New for 2016, the CR93 features Whistler's FDSR (Field Disturbance Sensor Rejection), the most recent advancement to combat new vehicles equipped with Frequency-Modulated Continuous Wave (FMCW) K band blind spot and collision avoidance devices that clutter nearly all of K band causing a normal radar detector to alert continuously. The CR93 is also the first radar detector of it's kind to offer bilingual (English/Spanish) Real Voice Alerts and bilingual (English/Spanish) Blue OLED Text Display
Additional Information: Laser radar detectors are legal for passenger vehicles in every state except Virginia and Washington, D.C. Radar receivers are prohibited in commercial vehicles over 10,000 lbs. Whistler laser radar detectors receive laser guns that operate at a laser wavelength of 905+/50nm. Whistler detectors receive the following radar frequencies: 10.500 10.550 GHz - X Band; 24.050 24.250 GHz - K Band; 33.400 36.000 GHz - SuperWideBand Ka. This includes the POP™ instant-on feature, which operates within the K and Ka bands. POP™ is a trademark of MPH Industries.
CR93 Laser Radar Detector Features
- Total Laser Detection
Provides visual alert on the display when detected.
- Total Band™ Protection X band - K band – SuperWideBand, Ka - Laser (the only 4 bands that are used for speed measurement), and VG-2. When engaged, alerts to VG-2 when detected.
- Traffic Flow Signal Rejection (TFSR) helps eliminate alerts from radar based traffic flow sensors
- Field Disturbance Sensor Rejection (FDSR)
- NEW FEATURE! FDSR is the most advanced detection system developed by Whistler to decrease false alerts. Designed to identify all radar based collision avoidance and blind spot detection systems that operate within K band radar (when engaged). FDSR will provide a brief, less intrusive alert, to keep you informed and aware. Rather than filtering out the signal completely, a signal strength indicator will help determine your proximity to the source without the continued annoyance of audio.
- POP™ Mode Detection advanced speed detection capability responds to brief bursts of radar
- SAFETY WARNING SYSTEM™ keeps you informed of highway safety where transmitters are located.
- Blue OLED Text Display
The CR93’s unique bilingual display provides better contrast, brightness and color. It shows alerts in English and Spanish, including alerts detected, engaged modes and digital signal strength in text format HIGHWAY or Ka9. Easy to read.
- Internal GPS
Provides alerts for red light and speed camera locations in the U.S and Canada.
- Safety Warning System™ keeps you informed of highway safety where transmitters are located.
- 3 City Modes/Highway Mode
Highway mode provides full audio and visual warning of laser/radar systems while maintaining full sensitivity, and is the default setting of Whistler laser/radar detectors. City mode helps reduce the annoyance of automatic door openers and burglar alarm alerts by providing an initial alert (same distance as Highway Mode) then remaining quiet unless the signal strength becomes very strong. When the signal increases the unit will alert briefly to notify you of the change in signal strength.
- Quiet/Auto Quiet Modes
Pressing QUIET before a signal is detected engages Auto Quiet Mode, which automatically reduces the audio level after the initial warning to a low audio level setting. Pressing QUIET during a radar/laser encounter silences audio alerts, while allowing visual alerts to keep you informed.
- Vehicle Battery Saver Mode
The Vehicle Battery Saver Mode automatically shuts off your detector within 3 hours if you forget to turn it off. The timer is reset if the detector is turned off, unplugged or any button is pressed before the 6 hours have expired. The detector will alert you with an audible and visual warning before it shuts off.
- Setting Saver
The Setting Saver feature saves personalized settings when unit is turned off.
- Alert Priority
When two or more signals are received at the same time, the alert priority is: Laser, Speed Radar, Safety Warning System. Example: If X band is alerting, then suddenly a laser signal is detected, the laser warning will override the X band alert.
- Stay Alert® Whistler’s exclusive feature that tests your alertness on long trips
- Dim / Dark reduces the illumination of the display. When in dark mode, the display is turned off during an alert then remains off for 20 more seconds before returning to its dimmer setting.
- Twin Alert Periscopes
Whistler's Low Profile Alert Periscopes provide an added attention getting visual alert. The two extra LEDs flash on and off when the unit alarms to provide a unique visual alert in bright blue.
Twin Alert Periscopes
Note: This unit features Blue LED Lights.
Bright Blue OLED Text Display shows alerts
in easy-to-read format.
ABOUT WHISTLER GROUP, INC
Whistler is a leader in international state-of- the-art electronics and automotive laser/radar detection systems. Throughout the years, Whistler has innovated and patented important product advances, resulting in first-to-market accomplishments and top performance rankings. Our relentless pursuit of innovative design and technology ensures a high-performance, user-friendly, and value priced product. We are dedicated to providing technology that improves everyday life.